Hello everyone! This is the second review in my mini-series about investment opportunities in Indonesia. I don’t know why I’m talking about investments on this blog, but I said I was going to be more honest and more open, so I guess this is just like… sharing what I’ve been interested in recently.
Tanifund won a competition a few days or weeks ago for being a promising startup, and that’s actually how I heard about it. You help contribute to capital for local farmers in Indonesia, who then use the funds to grow their farms.
- Then, once the harvest is sold, the profits are shared–40% for the farmers, 40% for investors, and 20% for Tanifund. Tanifund works together with TaniHub, which already supplies a bunch of fresh food for local supermarkets like Giant and Hero.
- Most investment opportunities provided by TaniFund last for one year, but there are a few that are long-term.
- You won’t be able to access your money until the harvest and selling periods are over, so keep that in mind.
- Different crops have different prospects, all of which are clearly outlined on their respective pages, and Tanifund provides photo updates every other month or so (it makes me really happy for some reason).
I appreciate how the calculations have all been clearly outlined, so investors can see how their money is going to be spent.
Currently my money is locked away in the Durian/Mangosteen/Goat/etc. project for 15 years, but I’m hoping to make another investment once they open up another project.
- Overall, I like how easy and friendly Tanifund is. The returns range from 10-40%, which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.
Minimum investment: Rp. 5.000.000
Requirements: Indonesian bank account
Cara isi saldo: Virtual account (BCA, BRI, dll) a/n pendana
Pros of Tanifund:
-Easy to use.
–In-depth prospects sheet (this is the most important for me).
–Returns range from 10-40%.
-Clear 1) background about the crop, 2) prospect information, 3) risk information, 4) farmer information, and 5) calculations/cost breakdown.
Cons of Tanifund:
-Minimal Rp. 5.000.000 to invest.
-No mobile application.
Feel free to see a comparison chart of all the investment programs I’ve reviewed so far here.